Sedation dentistry (sleep dentistry)
BENEFITS OF SEDATION IN OUR CLINICIn our Clinic, all dental procedures using sedation are carried out using special equipment, thanks to which this procedure becomes safe and as effective as possible.
DURING THE FIRST 24 HOURS AFTER SURGERY, IT IS RECOMMENDED:• to be under the supervision of people close to you;
• not take an active part in traffic;
• not to get engaged in activities that require high concentration;
• do not drink alcohol.
1. What is the difference between sedation and anesthesia?Sedation is a technique in which there is a minimal effect on the central nervous system, enabling treatment to be carried out in a more comfortable environment for the patient; the patient is conscious, can breathe without assistance, and communicate with your doctor. During sedation, there is no release of catecholamines (stress hormones), so healing and recovery are several times faster and better. General anesthesia is complete anesthetic protection with a sleep-like state, general pain, and all body systems control, including control of sleep depth.
2. What are the sedation risks?Sedation can affect your ability to respond correctly and quickly to events, which can have serious consequences. Therefore, during the first 24 hours after surgery, you should not:
- Drive a car or other vehicles
- Make any vital decision or sign legal documents
- Take alcohol or sleeping pills.