What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial structure that replaces the root of a missing tooth and is surgically positioned into the bone tissue of the upper or lower jaw. Dental implants provide stable support for crowns and removable or fixed implant-retained dentures.
Titanium dental implants are the most popular solution in modern dentistry. This material is reliable due to the following reasons:
- titanium is considered to be the most biocompatible material. Apart from dental implants, artificial heart valves and joints are manufactured from it as well. Titanium is hypoallergenic. Allergic reactions are extremely uncommon (1 case per 10,000);
- a titanium implant surface fuses with the surrounding jawbone tissue and this process is called osseointegration. Due to such material’s properties, bone tissue is not resorbed in the tooth extraction sites but continues to grow and maintain the natural shape of the jawline;
- titanium dental implants do not cause discomfort. Patients feel them like their “natural teeth”.
Why dental implants are a great solution?
We always recommend that our patients replace the extracted teeth with implants since the bone tissue atrophy can occur after tooth extraction due to the absence of a load. Dental implant surgery in Kyiv is a pain-free procedure, the intensity of the distributed load is average and the bone volume is not lost.
An alternative technique for the implant procedure is dental prosthetics. However, when a bridge is affixed, the adjacent healthy teeth are usually affected, therefore, there is a risk of bone loss and healthy teeth tissue destruction.
The extraction of teeth of any degree of complexity is a standard procedure for our clinic. According to recent research, during the first four months after extraction (removal), alveolar bone loss of up to 60% occurs. This process complicates significantly the subsequent rehabilitation of the toothless area. Firstly, bone loss may lead to difficulties with a prosthesis. Secondly, it can influence both the aesthetic appearance of teeth and soft tissues.
In our clinic, various methods of maintaining the tooth socket volume after the extraction are practiced. Depending on the clinical picture, we successfully apply the latest soft-tissue preservation techniques: DBBM-Collagen, Collagen matrix, and Punch-technique.
Improving the quality of life
Missing teeth or low quality, ill-fitting dentures cause great discomfort and can lead to various aesthetic and health issues.
Fixed implant-supported prostheses in Kyiv has several apparent advantages:
- aesthetic appearance;
- no speech problems;
- masticatory load resistance;
All-on-4 ® Treatment Concept
All-on-4 implants concept we offer in Kyiv allows affixing dental prostheses as soon as the implants have been placed.
By the aid of the surgical template, we can apply this concept avoiding errors and complications.
Advantages of this technique in our clinic in Kyiv:
- full-arch rehabilitation with four implants only;
- no need in bone grafting;
- the procedure involves only one stage since the immediate loading is effective and brings instant results;
- permanent implant restoration is much more functional both in maintenance and care process when compared to removable ones;
- this method is scientifically proven to be effective.
Planning dental implantation. Digital dental implant dentistry in Kyiv
We pay much attention to the detailed planning, 3D diagnostics and digital dental implant dentistry in our clinic. This helps achieve the best and, most importantly, long-term results.
Before the procedure, we analyze the patient's tomography and can see the accurate details of jaw anatomy, nerves, and blood vessels and determine the ideal location of the implant placement.
The volumetric tomography allows us to assess bone density. The software we apply enables an implant surgeon to place dental implants very accurately both from the surgical and orthopedic perspective. We use surgical templates when placing dental implants. This method allows achieving the optimal balance between stability and aesthetic aspect.