Main > Services > Patient sedation during surgical manipulations|
Patient sedation during surgical manipulations
In cases of invasive and prolonged treatments, patients are recommended to opt for sedation. Under its exposure, the patient is induced into shallow sleep where he/she obeys all of the doctor’s commands, but feels no physical or psychological discomfort. The side effects are minimal.
Before surgical treatment.
Confidence in the treatment result and your well-being are the main criterion for us. What should you pay attention to?
Dear patient, if a surgery has been scheduled for you with any type of anaesthetics (surgical sedation), please bring along the following documents:
• full blood analysis;
• information about blood sugar levels.
Points to remember before any operation with surgical sedation:
• refrain from eating, drinking or smoking at least 6 hours before the procedure;
• explain your full medical history to your anesthesiologist during the preparatory conversation.
During the first 24 hours after the surgery we would recommend:
• to remain with people close to you;
• not to engage in outdoor activities;
• not to undertake activities that require high levels of attention;
• not to drink alcohol.